Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wild Wednesday

Today began and ended with loveliness--a few extra hours spent at home this morning catching up on errands and correspondence, then an incredible, thought provoking movie and a resulting discussion to cap the evening--it's the middle of the day that got a little messy.

Things started going a bit haywire when I somehow decided that a double latte was in order. For those of you who have experienced my brain on caffeine, you know that espresso in any form tends to transform me into a giddy, showy, chatty wreck. Today was no different, except for the fact that I shared the nuttiness that was my caffeinated self with CEO's and Creative Director's and Mucky-Mucks. I knew I'd hit a new low the moment I caught myself doing jazz hands in front of the co-directors of my company. Let's just say that today was less than stellar for the old professional image. Moving on...

As for the rest of my work day, it took me THREE HOURS to send ONE EMAIL. No, I am not kidding, yes, I do have a brain in my head, and no, I will not concede that caffeine had any bearing on my trouble. There were issues with attachments and internet connections and email platforms that combined to inflict a perfect storm of electronic drama on every computer I touched (and I tried three of 'em). The solution required the expertise of two technological genius', and the installation of three new programs. An hour and a half after I was supposed to have headed home for the day, the message finally left my inbox. And it's still not right. Sigh.

Also, I found out that a sweet pal has lost his job, which makes me quite sad. He's a kind, helpful fellow with a lovely family that relies solely on his income. I am sending my best, most helpful energy his way this evening, as he begins to re-group from the news and plan his next steps.

What a hump-day. Here's to a lovely rest-of-the-week. For you as well!

1 comment: